Wednesday, July 23, 2008

To see the Yankees

No, not the baseball team. I am a Braves girl, through and through.

I am talking about the Northerners. Ian and I are headed to Rhode Island for a long weekend for our friends John and Onastazia's wedding. They are true northerners and it just cracks me up when John and Ian argue of who is the best.

Most of the time, I don't know what to say to them. Not because I have nothing to say, but usually because I didn't understand what they said. Haha. Weird accents. Strange jokes. And NO, it is NOT unusual to say "ya'll and Ma'am." Sheesh. Where have manners gone?

Lol, as if saying ya'll makes me polite.

So we fly into Rhode Island on Thursday, and their rehearsal and dinner is that night. On Friday, all of the groomsmen (oh, yes, Ian's a groomsman,) are going out on a deep sea fishing trip. I told him to pack his long johns. He thought I was kidding. I wasn't.

Saturday is the wedding on the beach at some mansion, whose mansion, I am not really sure of. Then Sunday Ian and I will probably take a train in to Boston to see some things before our 3:30 flight. We'll see. Svein should be there. So hopefully some fun Norweigan stories will be coming your way.

I'm taking a notebook to record some of the things that happen so that whenever I can get a hold of some internet I can let you all in on the fun! I can't wait to read all about ya'lls weekend!

Love,
Brittney

2 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like ya'll are going to have a ton of fun!!! New England is a beautiful place! Great places to visit and fun to explore the historical spots there! Have a wonderful time!!
Love, the Vargas Clan

Angela said...

Oh it sounds like a wonderful getaway! I'm hoping to see LOTS of pictures!!! :)