Monday, December 29, 2008

Dear Grandma(s)

To my two lovely grandma's in my life, who blessed Ian and I with Christmas shopping money, I thought you would like to know how it was spent.

First, I am sure you are surprised that is spent already. Well, let me tell you what, it definately was not spent unwisely. We had been thinking and plotting what we would buy with any financial shower that came our way, and I am sure you could guess what.

You got it!

Books.

And before I tell you what books we got, I just wanted to thank you both (Grandma Hunt and Grandma K,) for instilling in Heather and I a love for books and learning. We were never dorky to you guys, for loving reading and for adoring learning new things. You encouraged us and helped us in any way you could. Thank you for that.

Drum roll please.....

The following are the books we were able to purchase (um, and one dvd,) with our Christmas money:

"The Soul of the American University: From Protestant Establishment to Established Nonbelief"
"The Conservative Intellectual Movement in America Since 1945"
"Conquests And Cultures: An International History"
"The Road to Serfdom: Text and Documents--The Definitive Edition (The Collected Works of F. A. Hayek)"
"Capitalism and Freedom: Fortieth Anniversary Edition"
"East of Eden"
"Sense and Sensibility"
"Peter Pan"
"Of Mice and Men"
"Beowulf"
"The Time Machine and The War of the Worlds"

and the dvd

"Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed"

And in case you (other people who are reading this) were wondering, yes, Ian and I did receive books that we asked for, for Christmas. Uhhum.... Here THOSE book titles are:

"Emma"
"Northanger Abbey"
"Mansfield Park"
"The Grapes of Wrath"
"Food Network Kitchens Favorite Recipes"
"Moby Dick"
"Tolkien:Unfinished Tales"
"Quicksilver"
"Freakonomics"
"Guns, Germs, and Steel"

Anyways, that is unrelated. I just wanted to let you know, grandma's (and grandpa K too!) that we really appreciate the gift and it was put to, what we think is, a good use. And I think you would agree!

We love you both so much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that I can tell EXACTLY whose books are whose. HA! Power to the serfs! :)