Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Class...Again

Well, today was my first day with the new third grade class. I kinda got a sinking feeling about it yesterday, when the teacher who was briefing me on everything told me that I would not be doing the lesson plans, or the grading. Yeah. She told me that the teacher, who was on maternity leave, would be doing all of that.

Why go on leave if you are going to insist on doing all of that? So weird.

So I am just in a glorified babysitting position now.

It's all right though. I'll deal.

And Deal I did. Today was a HORRIBLE Day. The kids were just wild, and disrespectful. Seriously. I would say to "stop talking," or "get back to your seat," and they would just shrug it off and go about their business. I've worked in a lot of classes, and I have never seen such disrespect.

Since they use the "color" changing system, I often forget who I have given their first warning to, throughout the day. So, I think tomorrow I will have a paper named "Warnings" and will write the child's name on as soon as I give them their warning. That way, I will be able to be a little more consistent in using the teacher's discipline system and perhaps they will take me a little more serious.

That's all for now. I am heading to bed early. Despite an hour long nap during Oprah (which I was seriously sad I missed!) and an hour long walk with my husband, I am hoping to finally get a good night's sleep. Wish me luck!

No comments: