Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Letter S

Katie, over here, gave me a letter to do for the My Favorite Things meme.


I was given the letter S! I am super sleepy though (haha,) so I might have to do another one soon to make up for this one!


My Favorite Things

"S"


Sonny's


My favorite barbque restaurant. My family stopped going there for a ten year hiatus, after we saw a waiter stick a napkin into a USED cup of watter and "clean," the table with it. No good. Now, it is my fav fav FAVORITE weekend joint. My favorite meal, would be sweet tea (naturally,) pulled pork chicken sandwich, baked beans, french fries, and banana pudding. YUM.

Smoothies

Another food, but I love the texture of the smoothie. My favorite Smoothie place is Tropical Smoothie Cafe, and I like anything with strawberries, bananas, peaches, and oranges. (not necessarily all combined.)

Sandals

As a Florida girl, I have lived in sandals for the past decade. More specifically, Reef flip flops. THe most comfortable, long lasting, non smelly shoes.

Sense and Sensibility

Both the book and the movie are my favorites. Te characters are a little more practical than the beloved Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice and I just love the humor!

Settlers of Catan

My newest birthday gift, from Ian, is a board game that I have been asking for, for about a year. It's really dorky, but I am all right with that. Think Risk meets Oregon Trail. Kind of.

Sunset

Oooooooh How I love Florida sunsets. There are always more clouds, more colors, and more beauty.


Suave

My curl controlling mousse company. The only one. Trust me. It's super cheap, and is excellent at controlling the frizzies.

Sleep

I can't remember a time when I did not enjoy sleeping. It is something I look forward to!

Snow

I have only seen snow once in my entire life. When I was visiting Ian in th Middle East. That's right. The first time I have seen real snow was in the very place that you don't think snow happens!

Let me know if you want to join in! Leave a comment saying you want to "play," and I will assign you a letter!

6 comments:

Kyle Scharf said...

we truly are twin cousins because sonny's is my absolute favorite restaurant too. i ALSO order the pulled pork sandwich on garlic bread, but i get fries and coleslaw... or those corn nuggets... MMMmMMMMMMMMmmmmm i want to go there right now.

Emily said...

Thanks Britt! Now I'm craving barbeque like mad!! Guess I'll have to do an extra spinning class to make up for it!! I'm also with ya on the sleep! I LOVE sleep and with 4 kids- I'm always lacking in it! What a cute game and great answers!! I can count on you to make me smile!! Love from the Vargas Clan!!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I know what you mean? My birthday is the 15th. :) I told Josh he can't combine gifts... haha! :)

I have to agree with you on the smoothies and sunsets...I love 'em! :)

katie said...

great list! I love Sense and Sensibility too...and sleep. I might have to talk the husband into trying out that game. Sounds fantastic!

Callie said...

This looks like fun! I'll take a letter - sign me up!

Kari said...

I can't believe you play settlers! I learned how to play it this summer in Africa and I love it! but no one else seems to have even herd of it...