Saturday, April 25, 2009

Beach Bums

Today, Ian, his best friend Sam, and I, headed out to try a new beach!

You see, our old stand by, Cocoa Beach (more specifically Lori Wilson park,) is about a three hour drive from here! That is way too long!

So Ian's boss, and several other people around here, have told us the best beach that they have EVER been to is Crescent Beach, just a little bit south of St. Augustine, FL. Now, if you are from any beach state, such as Florida, you know that this statement comes with alot of weight. If you were from TN, and you told me that a certain beach was the best beach you had ever been to, I would kind of doubt you.

So, we packed up and trekked the 1 and 3/4 hour drive out to Crescent Beach, and let me tell you. WOW. It was beautiful! Not as touristy as Cocoa Beach but not totally out there in the middle of nowhere either!
It really was a beautiful stretch of sand! Very well kept up, not too touristy, and neat local places to eat!

And, an Floridian will tell you, the best beach food is, Pub1ix subs! (here is my hunny stuffing his face! He's been doing south beach diet with me, and he misses bread as much as I do!)

Here is Sam at his utter goofiest. Showing off his Philly Cheese Steak Sub. Who gets a HOT sub for the beach? Weird.

Ian, checking the temperature of the water. I don't get in the water until April, unless I have a wet suit, haha!

Ian brought me back this starfish, and I told him, "um, honey, it's still alive! take it back, take it back, take it back!"
So he did.
And, it lived.
I hope.

Sailboats!


Let's see how intensly I can look at my book! (Really it was just too bright for my eyes to be staring at the pages, even with my sunglasses!)


The boys throwing the football. Sometimes they bring a frisbee, sometimes a rugby ball. This time it was a football.

Only weird part about the beach was that this piece of machinary was wheeled out and it began pushing sand from the car ramp straight to the ocean. It repeated this in the same spot for like an hour! It looked like it was making a road. Weird because cars aren't allowed on that part of the beach. Maybe an emergency entrance.


Good throw, Ian!
Really, it was a wonderful day. Pretty much the beginning bell for summer for us, which makes me really happy. Ian just finished up the LAST of his classes for grad school! CRAZY! So we are looking forward to some serious relaxation time!

5 comments:

Brittne said...

Looks like you had fun!! That looks SO relaxing right about now!

Jessica said...

Wow, I am seriously jealous! lol...I would love to live near the beach. At least it felt like summer here too...it got up to 86 degrees in Ohio! That's almost record-breaking for us in April. But I'm still jealous :-)

jlc said...

Hhaha! You are too funny with your starfish!!


Congrats on the sweetie being almost DONE with grad school!!

Ohhh I am envious!

Kelley said...

oh goodness! I'm so jealous! I just keep moving from one landlocked state to another!

Anonymous said...

So jealous. So, so, so jealous.