Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lonsdale Quay

The other week I got a chance to explore Vancouver all by myself.

I hopped on a bus, then hopped on the SkyTrain, then hopped on a SeaBus (ferry,) to cross over into North Vancouver into a cute little market area called Lonsdale Quay {pronounced Key for all of us Americans.}

It was great to get alone, spend time in God's Word, and enjoy His creation on a beautiful sunny afternoon!

I sat out on a dock looking at real live tugboats. I also saw an otter right between the dock and the boats!
There was a shipbuilding yard too, which was interesting to see!


Lots and Lots of boat parts!


I headed inside the market to hunt down some sweets. Flowers were beautiful!

Now, this picture has a background to it. As I was taking a picture of the flowers, this lady and her daughter were standing at the ice cream stand nearby. The mom was YELLING at her 3/4 year old going "what flavor do you want?! Just tell me and I'll get it for you!!!" and the daughter was completely silent.

Stubborn little thing.

I could say the same thing for the mom though, I looped back by 20 minutes later and that mom was STILL there, trying to reason with her little girl!


There was fresh produce....

Like this Dragon Fruit!

Deli Counters, cheeses, breads, soups, culinary supplies, and fresh fish! This place had it all! (except, not a bookstore...bummer)


And the people watching....

It was excellent!

7 comments:

Kelley said...

oooo! what is dragon fruit! I must google this!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Looks lovely! What a sweet little "retreat" for you :) Great pictures! Thanks for sharing--- felt like I was there too!

katie said...

What an amazing place Vancouver is. You are making me want to move there more and more with each post.

steve said...

Isn't it great when you can enjoy the flowers without paying for them,lol.

Heather said...

How fun that you got to do this!! it looks beautiful up there and I loved seeing all the pictures!

Callie said...

How fun! Great pictures.

Jessica said...

Looks like such a charming little place :-) Nice pictures!