Friday, June 25, 2010

Confession

I have a confession to make.

Scratch that, I have two confessions to make.

Of equal importance. So, you know, don't give up after one.

The first confessions, is that I have fallen of the Project 365 bandwagon. And I'm alright with that.

It's pretty surprising considering how I stuck to my guns last year and finished my crazy new years resolutions (300 blog posts and 50 books.)

But this year? Well, I'm glad I have documented the first five months of this crazy journey. And I very well may pick it back up in August, when things get exciting again. But right now? Right now we are living in suburban Canada, which isn't that different from Suburban America, and I just don't have the motivation to take the pictures here. I am guessing that when I move to the UAE, I can be that crazy American woman who always has a camera around her neck.

And I'll be alright with that.

I just thought ya'll should know.

Also, please watch this clip, specifically the ten seconds following 1:10 and 2:18


Alright, with that said.... I HATE WEB MD.

phew. Glad I got that off of my chest.

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!

It's horrible.

It sends me into a hypochondrical meltdown.

But you want to know something?

Yesterday, it was RIGHT!

I did a little research before I went into the Dr.'s and I self diagnosed myself (scary, yes, helpful in calming my nerves, no,) so when I went to the dr.'s I was all "snooze fest, I already knew that."

And when I asked the Dr. if there were any treatments and he said "no, just let it run it's course," all I heard in my head was "liar, there are several home remedies that will speed recover, according to WebMd."

Yes, that is my confession.

And no, I'm not an actual hypochondriac, but I think we all have those tendencies sometimes, don't you?

4 comments:

The Taffs said...

haha, I try to steer clear of WebMD and googling symptoms. Otherwise I diagnose myself with all kinds of illnesses and diseases!

chloƫ. said...

*raises hand* I am a self-professed hypochondriac and I am on webmd probably more than I am on blogger.

And I am learning to be okay with that. LOL.

Amanda said...

I fell off Project 365 this year too...and MAYBE last year ;)

cait said...

oh yes...I am a hypochondriac...I did resist getting the webmd iphone app though...I think that's a good first step toward recovery!

on a sidenote...I think webmd is great. especially since it doesn't tell you that you have "the crud" like the doc told my throwing up hubby last week. grr that annoyed me!