Monday, November 29, 2010

With Love

My sweet husband has done it again.

He's gone and made my heart melt.

I came home from a long day of school, paper writing, and tutoring to find these beauties waiting for me:And Ian? He said he had been trying to get flowers for me for over a month, but in our tiny little town in the desert there is only one floral shop. And it's been closed for a month. Ha!

It was finally opened and he was able to surprise me with a bouquet of gerber daisies, yellow and red roses, and carnations.

Sweet actions like this by my husband are very special to me, because this kind of thing does not come naturally to him. He has to really think about it and make a concerted effort to be "romantic."

I think, since we've been married, he's brought me flowers twice. Maybe three time. Maybe.

I blame myself. When we were dating {long distance, mind you,} I didn't want to be "that girl," that was high maintenance. I wanted to be a blessing and not a chore. So, I told him I hated flowers and chocolates and all of that stuff.

Of course, I recanted around the time we got engaged, when I realized that he might take it seriously and NEVER do any thing spur of the moment. We've had our ups and downs. My tears and my questions of "why don't you....?" And lately he's been surprising me with this thoughtfulness. A chocolate milk in the fridge, a post it note saying "I love you," in Arabic, the dishes done for me when I said I would do them.

I love marriage.
It's always changing.
Always growing.
Always challenging {but in a very good way.}

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How sweet of him!! I always enjoy getting flowers too!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

I'm with you girl. Marriage is a good thing - always changing, growing & challenging!! YAY! What a sweet gesture!

Amanda said...

oh that is so so sweet! love those little joys! i love marriage too! it's so wonderful! enjoy your flowers girl! :)