Sunday, March 24, 2013

This and That

Time feels like it is moving at warp speed right about now. I keep referring to things that I think happened a week ago, only to realize they happened 3-4 weeks ago!

Read This:

I hadn't felt much like reading over the last month or so, but I finally did. I read Divergent and am halfway through Insurgent, by Veronica Roth. I am loving them! If you like The Hunger Games, Ender's Game, or even The Giver, these books would be up your alley. Yes, I am a book nerd. And the third book comes out this fall!

I love trilogies! 

I also read an article on Perfect Parenting and how we are all holding each other to impossible standards.

Ate That:

The UAE celebrated National Breakfast Day and Ian and I took the girls to the nearest McDonald's that serves breakfast for free food. It just happened to be at the airport and we got to walk the terminal and dream of traveling again soon! I love airports. I love flying. I love traveling!


Ha, we'll see if that is still the case after we fly for more than 24 hours back to the States with two kids, 2 and under!

Bought This:

Decor for Grace's 2nd birthday party. From the party store. Yep, it's going to be about as anti-Pinterest party as it can get, seeing as I bought streamers and balloons. *Gasp* I have really wrestled with the guilt that is now associated with not throwing my child a party that is fit to be spotlighted on the cover of a magazine. And I want all of you mom's out there to know...

It's okay! Your child will love you, your friends will have a blast, and your child will turn another year older. All without you driving yourself to the edge of a nervous breakdown. Please visit a party store, buy the prepackaged party favors, and be okay with it!

I am still coming to terms with it. But this article reminded me to Bring it Down a Notch.

Watched That:

Ian and I had a date night in, cookie dough and a movie! We rented Argo and really loved it.

And I am still digging (ha) Bones and New Girl

Did This:

Snuggled our girl when she got sick. She just went to bed for the night so we'll see how she is in the morning. First time Grace has EVER thrown up and EVER had a fever. Poor baby. She made me smile when she said "Oh no! Mouth!" haha, I always wonder what little kids think is happening to them when they get sick!


Went on a beach play date with my women's Bible study group. Grace and I waded knee deep into the water and picked up crabs in our hands. It was lovely.

Realized I am officially used to Middle East weather. It was in the 90's all week and I didn't even think it was hot.

Loved That:

Sophia has really discovered her feet in the past week!


And Grace has learned how to blow a zerbert on Sophia's stomach and loves saying "Baby So-So is happy!"

3 comments:

Emily Powell said...

I understand the parenting thing...I blame pinterest, blogger, and facebook. I do enjoy doing big parties but I think it's fun :)

Jessica said...

I love what you said about the birthday party...Grace will love it no matter what! I have already started to feel stress over Scarlett's first birthday party, which is approximately 16 months away! Ha! I love Pinterest, but I think it does put added pressure on people. I'm going to have to keep reminding myself not to get stressed out or go overboard on birthdays and holidays!

Also, New Girl is so funny! I'm obsessed.

Alison H said...

Soon, friend. Very soon....