Saturday, August 15, 2015

{1,000}

One thousand posts ago I sat down at my college laptop to tap out some thoughts that were rolling through my little head.

I was 21 years old, just graduated from college, and was days away from getting married and moving out of my childhood home for the first time.

This blog has followed us through Ian's grad school and my perilous job search.

It's been right there as we explored our calling to the nations and it has seen our stretching and growing as we have responded to move overseas.

This blog has been my voice as we moved from Orlando, to Nashville, to Richmond, to Vancouver, to Buraimi, and then to Abu Dhabi.

This has been my mental outlet as we sloughed our way through two years of Arabic language school. It was the one place that I felt I could be ALL in English and not feel bad about it.

Far More Than Rubies has been my home as we struggled for a year to conceive our first child, the place we rejoiced with so many when we found out we were expecting, and where we joyfully announced our first, second, and third child!

Slowly, over the years, I have not turned to the blog as much as my motherhood bogs me down some days and leaves me without the ability to form coherent thoughts. If I tried to write on those days it would mostly come out as such:

Kids are fine.
House is semi clean.
Dinner was made.
I like television.

Ha! And that would be about the extent of my thoughts. The days that I can piece together intelligent sentences feel like a big accomplishment, but then I can get overwhelmed with all of the details I need to share. I do love when I get back into a groove though.

So much to share. So much to record. So many things to remember!

And YOU guys. Man. Ya'll are awesome. Some of you have been around since the very beginning. You read through my takes on the honeymoon period when we were dirt poor but madly in love and loving every new experience.

Alot of you joined in when we, as a collective group, where expecting our first children within the same time period. Ya'll are my tribe, even if you don't know it.

Some of you joined in during the crazy, hairy days of moving overseas. You were intrigued about what we were doing and why, and you got a peak into a more "exotic," life. If you can call rats in your grocery store exotic.

And some of you are family. Literally. My family reads as die hard fans, wanting to get the newest update on what the Galloway family is up to. And to catch a glimpse of these sweet babies' faces.

I am so grateful for every one of you.

So here's to 1,000 more.

1,000 more posts.
1,000 more adventures.
1,000 more memories!